Monday, December 6, 2010
Just Another Damp Day in Paradise
It's snowing. It was raining, but twice today it's turned to snow. These days I'm like the weather: I can't make up my mind whether to laugh or cry. I've cried a lot lately...tears of joy, tears of longing, tears of grief. I've laughed a lot, too... at my joy, at my longing, and at my grief. Funny how that can happen. Some days I feel like Wordsworth when he wrote I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud: "
"For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills
And dances with the daffodils."
I'm certainly in a pensive season of my life. Contemplative, meditative, reflective. It would appear I'm experiencing a Reformation...again. It's not the first one and, thankfully, it won't be the last. It's as though the Lord is unpacking my life, re-organizing, de-cluttering, re-vamping, and re-vising. It's an adventure and a desert all at the same time. However, I, like King David, have no lack of past experiences to encourage myself during this season. I'm writing more again and that always energizes me. I'm taking lots of time to just be, and that refreshes me. I'm meditating, contemplating and daydreaming, and that's an important part of Reformation. I don't think I've ever been more content or at peace in my life, and yet longing and often perplexed. But it's all okay! I'm experiencing a place in the Lord I've never fully been. I'm OKAY with where I'm at, patient with myself and life in general. I'm thankful, the Lord does not leave me the way I am, but is about the business of transforming me into His image, and that's nothing but GOOD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad your writing again. I like blogs.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're glad ;)
ReplyDelete