Thursday, December 2, 2010
Complicated Claims
Claude put our truck off the road a couple of weeks ago, leaving us without the use of our beloved Pathfinder. Fortunately, we had collision...unfortunately, there's a clause in our policy that limits the amount the insurance company will give us because the vehicle has been re-conditioned (a euphemism for "wrote off after a previous accident"). Actually, the clause says we are entitled to ACV, or actual cash value. The problem is, the insurance company's definition of ACV is "wholesale" price. In other words, about 50% less than what it would cost to purchase the same vehicle from a dealer. Now, how they figure this out is quite beyond me. I am not a retailer who can purchase wholesale, I'm a consumer who must pay retail prices, but I'm only given wholesale value?????? When did life become so complicated? I think we can blame it on the lawyers!!! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment